Chairman : Bertrand GIRAUD
1. The 23rd international competitionJean FRANÇAIX is open to pianists of any nationality.The age limit is 38.
2. In case of recording or broadcasting, a preliminary authorization will be requested from all the artists (partakers and accompanists). In case of recording or broadcasting, a complementary fee will be paid at these artists (partakers and accompanists). A SPEDIDAM attendance sheet will be completed in due form.
3. The contestant must agree to abide by the rules of the competition. The contestant receives a notification 5 days before the preliminary round (by email or regular mail ). The contestant have to be present at the day and hour set by the notification. In case of non-reception of the notification, the contestant is requested to warn the competition office. Only the contestants present at the day and hour set by the notification are allowed to perform.
4. The registration fee is non-refundable and can not be postponed.
5. If the number of registrations is too high, the day of the competition round have to be altered from the one set.
6. The jury reserves the right to stop the contestant during his/her performance and also not to award all the prizes. In case of litigation, the casting vote is the one of the president. The decisions of the jury are final and can not be appealed.
7. In case of absence, the contestant is requested to warn the competition office.
8. Travel and housing are at the contestant own expense.
9. Score photocopying is forbidden (loi du 11/ 3 /57 code pénal art. 425).
10. The piano competition results will be proclaimed after the piano competition.
11. Competitors can call publishing houses if they have any scores's problems. Kutnowski's pieces are available on
12. Music must be played without score for the piano competition ; only Jean Francaix’s pieces could be played with the score.
The recording will be made by the first prize of piano competition for the society Anima-Records
- The prize winner receives : 4000 euros (cash prize : 2000 euros and special prize Recording : 2000 euros)
- The second prize is : 1000 euros
·- The third prize is : 500 euros